Friday, January 8, 2010

First Post!

Well it looks like this is my first post of the year! This blog means a lot to me to be starting because it sybolizes the start of the 2010 cycling season, and a great partnership with Trek/Gary Fisher Bikes! Including Trek and Gary Fisher, i'd like to first of thank NOS Energy Drink, Planet Sub, Emporia Fitness, Oakley Sunglasses, IM Design, and last but not least, High Gear Cyclery and Fitness Inc. All these sponsors basically made our cycling dreams come true here in Emporia. 2010 means a brand new racing team here in Emporia and I feel very proud and fortunate to be a part of it. I'll be consistantly posting race results, training updates, and everything in between.

Things were kicked off with a bang when all our trek stuff came in on Tuesday! Including my Cronus! All I have to say is that i'm instantly in love with the bike. 14.8 lbs without pedals WHAT?!?! That's right, it's a sub 15 pounds bike. UNFORTUNATELY because of the cold and flat out dangerous temperatures outside and the massive snow accumulation, it hasn't seen the road yet. Although, it has seen several hours on the trainer already! Also, a lot of my clothing and my shoes came in. The RXL road shoes are unbelievably light and stiff. I'm so excited to get out on the pavement once the temps get a bit higher. Hopefully next week the air will be a bit warmer. I'm going to try and figure out how to get a picture posted and show you exactly what I mean when I say "Cronus". Thanks, and peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment